The Limestone Surgery Center is State Licensed, Medicare Certified and Accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care. We are dedicated to providing high quality outpatient care that is safe, convenient, pleasant and cost effective.
You (or where applicable, your representative) have the right:
- To considerate, respectful care, at all times and under all circumstances, with recognition of your personal dignity and to be free from all forms of abuse or harassment.
- To obtain complete and current information, from your physician, concerning diagnosis, treatment and prognosis in terms you can reasonably be expected to understand.
- To receive information, from your physician, necessary to give informed consents prior to the start of any procedure. Except in emergencies, such information for informed consent should include but not necessarily be limited to the specific procedure, the medically significant risks involved, and the probable duration of incapacitation.
- To refuse treatment to the extent permitted by law, and to be informed of the consequences of your actions.
- To change physicians at any time, if another qualified physician is available.
- To know the identity and professional status of individuals providing service to you.
- To every consideration of privacy concerning your medical care program.
- To expect that all communications and records pertaining to your care would be treated as confidential. Except when required by law, you will be given the opportunity to approve or refuse release of information.
- To expect that we will make every effort to meet your special requests.
- To know the methods for expressing grievances and suggestions without fear of reprisal or discrimination, and receive a timely, fair follow up on your comments. We have multiple reporting mechanisms in place for you to express concerns:
- Call Noreen Dalton, RN, Clinical Manager at 302-633-9873
- Call the State Office of Health Facilities Licensing at 800-942-7373
- Call Medicare at 800-633-4227 or visit www.cms.hhs.gov/center/ombudsman.asp
- Call anonymously to our ASC Compliance Hotline at 877-874-8415
- To obtain information as to any relationship of this facility to other health care and educational institutions.
- To know if any research will be conducted during your procedure and to have the right to refuse.
- To write an advance directive, or to appoint a legal representative to make health care decisions on your behalf. You may contact us for information on Delaware’s Advance Health Care Directives.
- To expect reasonable continuity of care.
- To receive and examine an explanation of your bill regardless of source of payment.
- To be informed if any persons other than routine personnel will be observing or participating in your procedure.
- To know that your physician may have a financial interest or ownership in our surgery center and you have the right to choose another provider of your health care services.
- To know your Patient Responsibilities, click here.
If you do not understand your Patient Rights or if you have any questions, please call us at 302-633-9873.
Click here for our Spanish version | Derechos del Pacient